Survey Developer Features
As a development system, Blaise is suitable for both the individual and the large survey organization. Blaise's powerful programming language and integrated tools offer numerous features:
- Modular field and block-oriented code promotes reuse and ease of maintenance.
- Parallel blocks to support non-linear progression of an interview.
- Built-in data coding support and external file lookups provide multiple lookup methods, including hierarchical, alphabetical, or trigram, or combinations of methods.
- Selective checking mechanism checks all appropriate rules throughout the interview, ensuring data integrity.
- Integration with other programs either through Dynamic Link Libraries (DLLs) or through Open Blaise Architecture.
- Developer's environment includes online help and tools for testing.
- Comprehensive documentation with "How To.." information and practical examples.
- Support for large databases with many levels of hierarchy.
- Data export for statistical or database packages.
- Automatically generated screens with developer-prescribed formats.
- Metadata approach allows for efficient updating and maintenance of instruments
- More Survey Developer Features...
Interviewer, Data Editor, and Data Entry Clerk Features
Blaise's Data Entry Program (DEP) is a multimode user interface that supports a variety of survey processing needs and offers the following features:
- The same Blaise instrument can be used in any mode, e.g. CAPI, CATI, data editing, etc.
- Page-based presentation facilitates interviewer navigation.
- Blaise rules allow interview flow specification, ranging from simple linear to complex and non-linear flow.
- Multiple interviewer navigation methods provide flexibility while interviewing.
- Behavior mode settings control details of system behavior for each group of users.
- Language can be changed with a few keystrokes for multilingual instruments.
- Remarks can be entered at any point in the interview and can be recalled and viewed.
- Survey-specific user help can be implemented using WinHelp.
- Users can exit and restart interviews at any point.
- Non-destructive backup allows interviewers to efficiently backup and move forward while interviewing.
Survey Manager Features
Blaise supports survey management with the following features:
- Reports track survey progress, missing sample, and other survey management items.
- The CATI Call Management System supports time zones, time slices, quotas, groups of interviewers, and supports strategies for improving productivity and response rates.
- CAPI laptop management systems can be developed using the Maniplus module.
- Large and complex instruments can be developed and maintained economically using the Blaise Programming Language.
- Proven interviewer interface promotes accurate collection of data, thereby reducing the level of post-interview processing.