The menu format introduced in version 4.7 (extension .bmf) is now also supported by the internet part of Blaise. Several new features have been introduced in the menu with the internet in mind. Where possible these features are also supported by the DEP. The following new features are available:
- The button bar concept has been replaced by a panel concept. On the button bar you could place two kinds of buttons: a speed button and a bit button. On the new panel you can place 3 kind of controls: a flat button, a raised button and a label. A flat button is comparable with the speed button and a raised button is comparable with the bit button.
- The label control can be used to display text on the panel. The label control supports the use of the HTML sub set that is available in Basil. Because of this it may for instance contain a hyper link.
- Compared to the button bar a panel has many new properties:
- A panel can be made visible based on a condition.
- The background colour of a panel can be changed.
- You can specify a bitmap to be displayed on the background of the panel.
- The default vertical alignment, the default background colour and the default glyph position of the controls can be specified.
- The tab order for the panels can be specified.
- Where possible the properties of the controls can also be defined as string / integer expression. This is for instance the case for the caption and hint text. By default these properties are handled as literal text. You can change this by clicking the drop down button next to the expression check button.
- The controls also have a number of new properties:
- The tab order for the button controls can be specified.
- Single glyph image files are supported.
- The horizontal and vertical alignment of a control on the panel can be specified